I intended to share this red white & blue snack mix for Memorial Day but time escaped me and I didn’t get to it. No worries because there’s plenty of time to make it for the Fourth of July.
It combines Rice Chex, Corn Chex, pretzels, peanuts, peanut butter M&M’s and patriotic sprinkles.
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter M&M's*
- 16 oz almond bark**
- sprinkles to your liking (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the cereals, pretzels and peanuts.
- Melt almond bark as directed on package and pour over mixture. Mix well by folding until well coated.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Immediately top with M&M's and sprinkles.
- Use another piece of wax paper on top to press the M&M's & sprinkles into the mix.
- Keep in a cool place until it sets up.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag.
*I picked the red & blue M&M's out of two 11.40 oz packages. It came out to approximately 1 cup. **I used Candiquik. It's my favorite brand of candy coating.
These type of snack mixes are so versatile and can be made with any combination of your favorite cereals, nuts and candies. That’s what makes them so great for parties.
What are your favorite snack mix combos?
Do you like link parties? I co-host a Thursday evening link party called Party in Your PJs and would love for you to stop by and share your recipes, crafts, DIY projects, printables, ideas & more. Every Thursday evening at 7pm CST. Hope to see your there!
Subscribe via email and never miss a post!
This post may be linked to these link parties.