slice-of-life-sundays
Safari-Cookies
PIYPJsbutton
slice-of-life-sundays
Cupcake-Birthday-Card-2

Mother’s Day Cupcakes {Video Tutorial}

For Mother’s Day this year I made cupcakes for some of my friends and my mother in-law. My mother lives six hours away so she’s getting virtual cupcakes. She is an amazing mom. She did a fabulous job raising my sister, my brother and myself. Thank you mom for taking such good care of us. I hope to be as good a mother as you one day. I love you very much! Happy Mother’s Day!

I made three types of flower cupcakes and boxed them up in sets of four.
During my 500 Facebook fans giveaway I asked for ideas of what you would like to see tutorials on and decorating cupcakes was one of them. So for those that wanted to see cupcakes being decorated I made a video for you. The techniques are not new but for someone just starting out they may find it helpful. Thanks for watching and to all the mothers out there—Happy Mother’s Day!!!
Tips used for cupcakes:
Rose Swirl – Ateco 852; a Wilton 2D is a good alternative to this tip
Rosettes – Wilton 22
Frilly Flower – Wilton 61

Comments

1. Those look beautiful! Do you have a favorite go to buttercream recipe?

2. What consistancy icing are you using? These are adorable!

3. Awesome tutorial and thank you!

4. Anonymous says:

Thanks for sharing! Super easy and very cute!

5. Great tutorial. I can’t wait to play around with these. I always frost cupcakes the same old swirly way, and this will give me something new to try! :)

6. Thank you for the video.I have never done any fancy icing before and this has inspired me to try them.

7. Thankssss

8. Thank you for your tutorial on decorating cupcakes. It was just what a needed to help me decorate my own pretty little cupcakes. Thanks a bunch!! : )

9. Anonymous says:

Did you say you used an ateco #852 tip for the roses? I cant seem to locate one,any sugggestions for an alternate tip?

10. Where would I be able to get these tips from? I’m new to the cupcake decorating world. :) Thanks!

11. My first learning experience on Pinterest !! I could never figure out how to make the petals for the flower decoration … Thank You :)

12. Great video! One of the easiest to understand that I’ve watched! Thank you!!

13. They are beautiful. Love the color..

14. so adorable! love the ideas and the easy instruction.
    Thanks you :)

15. Thanks so much for this tutorial! I’ve never ventured far with my piping skills, but this gave me some courage and I made fantastic cupcakes tonight for my Mother-in-law’s birthday party. They are by far the prettiest cupcakes I’ve ever made – thanks so much!

16. Awesome tutorial :D plus the cupcake is making me hungry just so beautiful cupcakes Love them :)

17. Loved this video and love your accent. I actually make soap cupcakes and soap cakes (and you really can wash with the), so I was searching the internet to look for tips on how to decorate and pipe my soap frosting onto my soap cupcakes, and I’m so glad I found your site. Very helpful!

By the way, if you would like to see my soap cupcakes, you can see them on my FB page here: http://on.fb.me/QCASu3

Thank you for your great tutorial!

Linda
    The Enchanted Bath
    Huntington, West Virginia, USA

18. Anonymous says:

Beautiful! Thankyou!!!!

19. Anonymous says:

wow. I’ve been decorating quite a while and found this really helpful!
    Thanks!

20. Anonymous says:

So what kind of frosting do you think is best for decorating?

21. Hi Melissa! New fan here! Just wanted to tell you how beautiful I think your work is! Very inspirational! Have a wonderful day! ~Tami

22. I found ur video 2 be very helpful. I love the frilly flower and tried it yesterday. I think my buttercream was too thin but they still looked pretty.

23. Thank you! Very simple, very helpful and just what I was looking for :-)

24. thank you for the wonderful video! do you have more using different tips?!! Great teacher you are. I would love love more videos.

25. thanks for the amazing tutorial!
    i have a question : can i substitute butter cream with whipped cream?
    tc!

• Thanks! I would say you can but since whipped cream is so soft it may not hold the shape. You would have to stiffen it up with some powdered sugar. You could always practice on wax paper and then scrape it and put it back in your bowl.

26. Hey those all flowers are nice dear…

This is a best idea to give as a mothers day sweets gift at this year.

27. Anonymous says:

Where is the tutorial? I can’t find it

28. Just came across this on Pinterest. I am SO excited to learn how to decorate. :)

29. Great tutorial. I didn’t have to look very far to find out how you make your cupcakes so beautiful, did I?? Thanks for having such a user friendly blog! You’re the best!

30. Anonymous says:

Can the frosted cupcakes be frozen? I want to make them a bit ahead of time for a party.

31. Anyone know what would the equivalent tip be for a Wilton tip?

32. Beautiful pictures! What piping tip do you use for the large rose/swirl (top left eg). I have standard tips (no brand) and I often opt to use the no.5 tip and my frosting always looks too tightly coiled and often wonky. It looks to me like a no.9 tip…

33. Anonymous says:

Are these large (standard) cupcakes or mini?

34. Anonymous says:

Hi! I’m brasilian and i have to say, they are SO beautiful!!! Congratulations and thanks for teach how to do!!! I loved!!!

35. Nice tutorial. I hadn’t seen the last two. I definitely need to make some cupcakes now!

36. I pinned this to my baker’s board on Pinterest months ago. And I kept telling myself I am going to need this one day. And now I am making 15 dozen cupcakes for my best friend’s wedding and these designs will be perfect!

• How awesome that you get to create cupcakes for such a special day in your best friend’s life. I’d love to see pics of them.

37. Thank u for that wonderful tutorial. The camera angel, the set up of how u showed what u were going to do then did it was FAB!! Plus u have a soothing voice that’s perfect for tutorials. I’m doing an Alive in Wonderland Tea party for my daughter and since my brother-in-law moved I get to do everything myself and he was my cake decorator. So I’m freaking out a bit, but u made me feel a lot better thank u again!

38. could you please repost the buttercream frosting recipe? The link is not working :( I love these designs!!!

39. I did my very first ever attempt with a pastry bag last week (grass on Easter cupcakes), and it was so much fun. Now a friend wants me to make cupcakes for her birthday next week, so I’m going to try these. Loved your simple, straightforward tutorial. Thank you thank you!

40. Simple & clear explanation. Your cupcakes are lovely. This is a great PIN! Thank You.

41. Angela McRee says:

Thanks so much. I am going to use these ideas to decorate my mother-in-law’s 80th birthday cupcakes. I am an intermediate level decorator, and you have made these look very simple and time-efficient!

42. Estera says:

Great mothers day video tutorial.
    I will try your to make a mothers day bouquet with cupcakes
    Thanks

43. Are you using the same tip for all 4 techniques? If not can you list the tips used? Thanks.

44. Pat Gill says:

EXCELLENT tutorial! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

45. Nice, I will follow the video and try to do it tonight!
    Cydia recently posted…Bypass iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone and iPad with iOS 7My Profile

Trackbacks